Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One to Two Weeks

Mom is declining rapidly. She is currently in the Hospice House, which is beautiful. They thought she would be transferred to a local nursing home, but now they think she will most likely need to be at the Hospice House. They believe she is showing signs of being about 1-2 weeks from passing away.

She had a rough day today with confusion and agitation and possibly some pain, but I think they found the right mix of drugs for her now. When I left today, she gave me a big smile and said, "We had a lot of fun, didn't we!"

5 comments:

Jennifer J said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom/Mother in Law...so many good byes. May you experience the presence of God like you never have before. He loves you relentlessly.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,
Thanks for keeping us updated. You and your mom are on our minds and in our prayers. We have cared about you and your family for such a long time, and feel so bad that you have to go through such sorrow. We admire your mother tremendously - she is one strong woman! And so are you! She and you and Jan are an inspiration to everyone who knows you.
Sincerely, Becky and Mark Ekeland

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,
I am so sad to read about Sharon's condition. I feel so badly for you. Your Mom has been a rock through so much! Sending my love and prayers for you all!
Love, Julie

Jennifer said...

Well, if she's got to be mixed up, at least she's having a good time. Our hearts are with you, cousin.

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
I am so sorry to hear of your mom's rapid decline. You and your family have had to deal with so much sorrow -- my thoughts are with you all. Please share these thoughts with Sharon -- tell her I have many fond memories of our days together at Hendrum and regret that the distance between us has kept us from continuing a close friendship.
Regards, Carolyn Letness McInnes, Phoenix, AZ